Here is an example of another successful job placement conducted by an iMaven registered recruiter for an iMaven Prime Client.
The client had gone “out to market” to four tier 1 recruiting firms and requested an RFP, for the CFO they were looking to appoint. The firms they selected were based purely on being perceived as the “biggest” in town. iMaven asked if we could have a chance for our recruiters to bid on the role in conjunction to what the client was already doing, to which the client agreed. This was the first time the client had ever used iMaven.
iMaven was able to present three solid proposals from our specialised boutique recruiters, whom were all put up and assessed against the client own recruiters. One of iMaven’s recruiters successfully won the bid process and was awarded the assignment on an exclusive basis.
The Clients remarks:
- None of his recruiters even acknowledged that its business was a SaaS business
- He loved that our recruiters were identified as specialists within their industry, and they work solidly in their chosen specialisation – not generalist recruiters
- He also loved how they were able to show capability to source and fill, and were able to demonstrate clear knowledge of his industry
- Our client loved that our recruiter positioned themself as an advisor, rather than “filling the role to get a fee”
The client was looking to appoint a highly experienced recruiter who specialises in the area of Corporate Service and finance roles. The job feature covered all the essential areas to find the best candidate for the job. Posting was detailed, yet brief and to the point. the description is best in list form for easy readability. It contained an introduction to the company and its culture, while clearly spelling out the expectations of the position.
The client was looking for a candidate who was qualified as an accountant preferably with a masters or other post graduate qualification. They needed to have practical experience with corporate accounts. Must have experience in the private sector preferably in a financial/accounting or CFO type role. Experience in companies with exposure to – the IT industry (Preferably SaaS B2B) – R&D – International clients and doing business in NZ, UK, US or Canada – equity raising and performance reporting against SaaS metrics etc.
- The client wanted to hire a female
- Working commitment of 3 days per week from home, but needed to work one day in the office
- Also, the candidate needed to have enough experience to take a seat at the executive table to be part of the business transformation that they were undergoing to move the business forward.
The final result?
Our recruiter was able to source 8 candidates in under two weeks, who fit the bill precisely. Candidates were submitted, client interviewed, extended testing performed and offered all which was done seamlessly, with a successful placement made.
For your reference – here is the job description…
CFO – Chief Financial Officer
SALARY: $230k (pro rata – 3 days per week)
SaaS is growing, and we need a CFO to guide the financial systems that empower us. We’re searching for an experienced CFO to join our team of high-performing professionals to help keep our finances insightful and instrumental to our continued success. The CFO will have both a day-to-day and ongoing impact on company operations, helping us to analyse, strategize, and grow our financial position. This seasoned strategist not only understands current accounting practices and trends, but has proven experience raising capital and adapting to change–both in growth and downsizing. As a member of our senior management, he or she will be comfortable in a leadership role that demands clear communication and presentation skills.
SaaS offerors remote, work from home flexibility for staff to create the perfect work life balance.
SaaS are specialist’s in better governance and administration efficiencies in environmental, social and community programs. They work with organisations who aim to deliver a positive social impact in the government, not-for-profit, philanthropic and commercial sector. By being incredibly passionate about empowering organisations to do good we are making a difference in today’s social impact ecosystem. They help clients take full control of their grant, contract and impact reporting and make great decisions every day.
Objectives of this Role
- Responsible, either directly or by managing staff, for all cash management, investments, insurance, budgeting, and financial reporting, helping to drive the company’s financial strategy and hiring needs
- Coordinate the development of the annual operating, capital, and program budgets, and reporting against the same
- Ensure cash flow is compatible with company operations, by overseeing the day-to-day accounting, recording, reporting, and internal control activities of the organization
- Lead the development and use of best-practice policies, practices, and tools that ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organisation with strong fiscal management, project management, cross team communications and workflow
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing compliance, and taking action
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Work with the senior management to efficiently develop proposal budgets, provide access to project finance information, and manage contract/grant compliance and reporting
- Research revenue opportunities and economic trends, analyse internal operations, identify areas of cost reduction and process enhancement
- Perform risk management through analysis of company liabilities and investments, and evaluate and manage capital structure and fundraising initiatives
- Oversee HR function, coordinating with external service providers (payroll, benefits, and general HR) and internal staff responsible for various aspects of HR
- Monitor performance with tracking, establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting for earnings calls, the management team, and the rest of the company
- Manage finance personnel and oversee financial IT systems, ensuring compliance with all applicable Financial Accounting Standards Board, Internal Revenue Service, State Attorney General, and other relevant regulations
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in accounting, business accounting, or finance
- 5+ years’ experience in executive leadership positions
- Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Understanding of advanced accounting, regulatory issues, and tax planning
- Working knowledge of raising capital beyond traditional lines of credit
- Experience in companies with exposure to – the IT industry (Preferably SaaS B2B) – R&D
- International business experience in NZ, UK, US or Canada
- International experience
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions and investor relations
- Executive experience with SaaS business models and their associated revenue recognition is strongly preferred
- CPA a strong plus